Physical therapy is a treatment method you may need if an orthopedic injury or condition is causing you pain or is making it difficult for you to move or complete everyday tasks.
The goal of physical therapy is to make movement and activity easier, reduce your pain, restore muscular function and strength, and help you return to your pre-injury activities, work, and recreation. Your doctor may recommend physical therapy to help you recover following surgery, following an injury, or to alleviate the pains of long-term health problems. The specialty-trained physical therapy experts at Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute provide comprehensive physical therapy and rehabilitation services for patients, including:
- Evaluation and fitting of lower extremity sport and arthritic bracing
- Evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders
- Immediate postsurgical treatment
- Preoperative education and rehabilitation
- Treatment of chronic pain disorders
Using the most advanced rehabilitation techniques and state-of-the-art modalities, including exercise, stretching, therapeutic activities, specialized splinting, core strengthening, manual therapy, weight lifting, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation, our physical therapy specialists offer a diverse array of treatment options to meet your orthopedic physical therapy needs.
In addition to providing services through outpatient clinics, Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute's therapists are directly involved in the care of student athletes at the high school and collegiate levels. Our therapists work closely with the sports medicine staff at a number of local high schools as well as universities within the region. Consistent communication and interaction with the sports medicine team, including the team doctors, athletic trainers, sports enhancement specialists, and our clinical specialists, provide unparalleled quality and continuity of care to the student athletes. In addition, the parents of the student athletes are an integral part of the decision-making process.
Physical therapy services for student athletes include:
- Biomechanical assessment
- Functional Movement Screening
- Injury prevention programs (i.e., ACL and spine)
- Return to sport recommendation
- Sports injury clinics
- Sport-specific injury evaluation and training
Keeping You in Motion at Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute
Our specialty-trained physical therapy experts provide comprehensive therapy services. Combining specific exercises and activities to help patients restore joint and muscular function, strength, and range of motion for sports and orthopedic injuries, our experts are dedicated to helping patients return to their daily activities quickly and safely.
With advanced training and certification, our experts help patients increase mobility, improve posture, and correct body mechanics through both nonsurgical and postsurgical rehabilitation programs. They also work closely with our doctors to comprehensively treat patients from evaluation to discharge.
To schedule an appointment with one of our physical therapists, please call one of our locations below or click on the Appointment Request button.
- Chesterton – (219) 921-1401
- Monday & Wednesday: 7:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Crown Point – (219) 663-3235
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Portage – (219) 759-4380
- Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Schererville – (219) 921-1394
- Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday & Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Valparaiso – Cumberland – (219) 462-4551
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.