Michael A. Denz, D.O.
Dr. Michael A. Denz is a fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in conditions of the shoulder and knee. A native of Buffalo, New York, Dr. Denz was drawn to the field of orthopedics by his background in sports and exercise science. As a former athlete Dr. Denz understands patients who define their quality of life by the ability to be active. As a result, Dr. Denz seeks to restore function to individuals who have lost the ability to do something they love. Whether it be playing a sport at a high level or being able to play with their grandchildren Dr. Denz strives to get people back to the activities in life that make them happy.
Dr Denz is a graduate of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan and received his medical school training at Lincoln Memorial University-Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine. His surgery internship and orthopedic surgery residency training took place at Mclaren Greater Lansing, Michigan State University. He then chose to undergo additional specialty training through an orthopedic sports and shoulder fellowship at the University of Illinois Chicago/ Illinois Bone and Joint institute.
With his specialty training, Dr. Denz offers treatments for various injuries and conditions including rotator cuff tears, shoulder labrum tears, shoulder instability, biceps tears, ACL and PCL tears, meniscus tears, knee instability and ligament injuries, patella instability and cartilage injuries. He also offers treatment for shoulder, knee and hip arthritis including joint replacement.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Denz interests include cooking, golfing, exercise and fitness, watching Buffalo Bills football and Buffalo Sabres hockey, watching Michigan State Athletics, playing with his two bulldogs and spending time with his family.
Dr. Denz is available to see patients at our LaPorte and Michigan City offices.
Areas of Expertise:
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Instability
- Total Shoulder Replacements
- Total Knee Replacements
- Meniscus Repair
- Ligament injury
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: International Relations: Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Master of Science: Exercise Physiology: University at Buffalo. Buffalo, NY
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Lincoln Memorial University-Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine, Harrogate, TN
- Surgery Internship: Mclaren Greater Lansing, Michigan State University
- Orthopedic Surgical Residency: Mclaren Greater Lansing, Michigan State University
- Orthopedic Sports and Shoulder Fellowship, University Illinois Chicago/Illinois Bone and Joint Institute
- Michigan Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery Physician License
- Trauma Emergency Assessment and Management, American College of Surgeons
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), American Heart Association
- Comparison of three-dimensional corrected glenoid measurements to multiple three-dimensional total shoulder arthroplasty planning systems
- Advanced Core Decompression is not Superior to Conventional Core Decompression in Reducing the Risk of Total Hip Arthroplasty Conversion in Patients with Avascular Necrosis of the Hip
- Horizontal Plane Instability of the AC Joint Following Open Distal Clavicle Resection: A Case Report and Surgical Technique of a Modified Weaver-Dunn Augmentation
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Northwest Health - Porter
- Northwest Health - LaPorte
No Review Found!