Anita K. Rao, M.D.
As a board-certified, fellowship-trained pain management doctor, Dr. Anita Rao specializes in the diagnosis and nonsurgical treatment of pain related to injuries and conditions as well as various pain disorders. Dr. Rao has dedicated her practice to caring for patients who are suffering from chronic pain and helping them improve their quality of life.
Dr. Rao graduated from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, with her bachelor’s degree before attending medical school at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, Illinois. She later underwent her residency training in obstetrics, gynecology, and anesthesiology at Rush Medical College in Chicago, Illinois, where she also completed additional training through a fellowship in pain management.
Dr. Rao is certified by both the American Board of Anesthesiology and the American Board of Pain Medicine.
Dr. Rao is available to see patients at our Chesterton and Portage offices.
Clinical Staff: Annie Betz, R.N.
Direct Phone Line: (219) 250-5004
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Doctor of Medicine: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL
- Obstetrics, Gynecology, Anesthesiology Residency: Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL
- Pain Management Fellowship: Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL
- Board Certification: The American Board of Anesthesiology
- Board Certification: American Board of Pain Medicine
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Illinois Society of Anesthesiologists
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Spinal Intervention Society
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Northwest Health - Lakeshore Surgicare
- Northwest Health - Porter
- Shoreline Surgery Center
601 Gateway Boulevard
Chesterton, IN 46304
3691 Willowcreek Road
Portage, IN 46368
- No Review Found!