Anton A. Thompkins, M.D.
Dr. Anton Thompkins is board-certified in orthopedic surgery and fellowship-trained in spine surgery. He joined Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute in 2001. Dr. Thompkins provides specialized diagnosis and surgical treatment for injuries and conditions of the back, neck, and spine, and his goal is to make a difference in each of his patients’ lives by offering experienced care and the latest treatments.
A graduate of DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana, Dr. Thompkins received his medical school training at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine in Cincinnati, Ohio. His general surgery internship and orthopedic surgery residency training took place at the Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. He then chose to undergo additional specialty training through a spine surgery fellowship at Panorama Orthopedics in Golden, Colorado.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Thompkins’ interests include boating, tennis, golf, and soccer. Additionally, he provides coverage for the Indiana Elite Soccer Club.
Dr. Thompkins is available to see patients at our Chesterton and Portage offices.
Clinical Staff: Gerald E. Gonnella, P.A.-C.,
Lisa Sabol, R.N.
Direct Phone Line: (219) 395-2108
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: DePauw University, Greencastle, IN
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- General Surgery Internship: Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN
- Orthopedic Residency: Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: Panorama Orthopedics, Golden, CO
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Indiana Orthopaedic Society
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- Indiana Elite Soccer Club
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Franciscan Health Michigan City
- Pinnacle Hospital
- St. Mary Medical Center
- Northwest Health - Porter
- Northwest Health - La Porte
601 Gateway Boulevard
Chesterton, IN 46304
3691 Willowcreek Road
Portage, IN 46368
- No Review Found!