Martin H.S. Weisman, M.D.
Foot and Ankle Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Martin Weisman is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in foot and ankle reconstructive surgery. From bunions and hammertoes to total ankle replacements and complex deformity corrections, he takes care of the entire spectrum of foot and ankle conditions. In addition, he treats orthopedic conditions throughout the body, including broken bones, athletic injuries, work injuries, and degenerative arthritis.
Dr. Weisman understands the challenges of getting healthy following an injury and offers both operative and nonoperative treatments for most foot and ankle problems. He uses minimally invasive techniques, patient-specific implants, and arthroscopy.
Dr. Weisman completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Beaumont Health in Royal Oak, Michigan, and then furthered his training in foot and ankle reconstructive surgery at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, McGovern Medical School. He was trained in the highest standard of orthopedic surgery and his senior fellowship mentor, Dr. William McGarvey, is the current president of the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society.
Dr. Weisman has published multiple articles in peer-reviewed journals and received an award for a Top Five Article in Foot & Ankle Specialist in 2018. He has also been a part of Grace4Haiti, a surgical and medical mission, as a member of their orthopedic surgery team.
He speaks Spanish and some Hebrew.
Dr. Weisman is available to see patients at our Schererville location.
Common Diagnoses Treated
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Adult-acquired flatfoot deformity
- Arthritis of the foot and ankle
- Diabetic foot complications (Charcot arthropathy, infection, ulcer)
- Malunions, nonunions, and traumatic arthritis following injury
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sports injuries and fractures
- Tendon disorders
Common Procedures Performed
- Achilles tendon debridement and repair
- Ankle and subtalar joint arthroscopy
- Ankle ligament reconstruction
- Complex foot and ankle deformity correction
- Correction of bunion deformity
- Correction of flatfoot deformity
- Hindfoot and midfoot fusions
- Total ankle replacement