- General Orthopedics
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Pain Management
- Upper Extremity
- Foot and Ankle
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to Issue New Medicare Cards to Beneficiaries
--Beneficiaries Need to be Aware that this is Not A Scam...
Beginning in April 2018, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will start mailing new Medicare cards to all people with Medicare. A new alpha-numeric identifier will replace the current Social Security Number-based identifier. This roll-out will occur over a several month period, based upon geographic location of the Medicare beneficiary.
We have included a photo of the current Medicare card (left) and the new Medicare card (right) below. There are concerns that people might believe that this is a "scam," and therefore, will ignore notifications or throw new identification cards away. If you are a Medicare beneficiary, please watch your mail closely over the next few months for notifications from Medicare relating to this change. Medicare beneficiaries should begin bringing their new card with them to healthcare visits as soon as they receive it. Here is the way this will work:
- NEWLY ELIGIBLE Medicare beneficiaries will get a card with a unique number, regardless of their geographic location.
- Distribution of cards for current beneficiaries will be randomized by geographic location. People in LOUISIANA, ARKANSAS, MISSISSIPPI, AND TEXAS WILL NOT BEGIN TO RECEIVE THE NEW CARDS UNTIL AFTER JUNE OF THIS YEAR. However, they may begin to receive notifications relating to this change before that time.
- Starting in APRIL, people with Medicare will be able to go to Medicare.gov/newcard to sign up for emails about the card mailing, and to check the card mailing status in their state.
- People with Medicare should use the new card once they receive it, but either the Social Security Number-based (old) card or the new random alphanumeric-based numbers can be used through December 2019.
- Beginning January 1, 2020, only the new card will be usable.
Keeping You In Motion
WHAT: An educational evening on shoulder and hip ailments presented by Dr. Anthony Levenda and Dr. Eric Szczesniak
WHERE: 601 Gateway Blvd, Chesterton
WHEN: Tuesday, May 22 at 6:30p
Check out Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute's Urgent Care located in the Portage Office at 3691 Willowcreek Rd, Portage, IN
Hours: Monday - Friday 11:00am to 7:00pm
Convenient, Quality, Affordable
Thank you for voting Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute Best of the Region AGAIN!!!
"Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute practices advanced orthopedic health care, tailored to each patient's unique needs. A culture has been fostered amongst our medical staff in which our comprehensive care is centered around the patient. This attitude, combined with our providers' skills has led to many successful outcomes for our patients. It is an honor to have earned the trust of our patients and their families, as resulted in being voted #1 as Best of the Region."
Thomas Kay, MD
Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute